6
Convent School (Antigua and Barbuda Civil Registry)
This building has had many uses. This picture from the 1890s suggests that it might have been a house, but in the 1930s, it housed the Convent High School, the first Catholic secondary school in Antigua, which opened in 1933.


Convent High School was at first co-educational but became an all-girls school in 1958 when the older boys were transferred to a newly established brother school, St. Joseph's Academy. In 1963, it was renamed Christ the King High School and moved to its current home on Old Parham Road in St. John's.

Until 2019, the building housed the Treasury and it now houses the Antigua and Barbuda Civil Registry.
